Farriers Decor provides a warranty that the product will be free from defective material and workmanship in relation to the range of products referred to below and subject to the stated limitations. No warranty is provided in relation to any material provided by the customer. The range of the warranty depends on the nature of the product which is dealt with below. Farriers Decor will only be liable to honour a warranty if:
- the defect existed at the time of delivery and manifested during the warranty period;
- the defect did not arise due to normal wear and tear or misuse/abuse by the customer;
- the product concerned is used for the purposes intended and in a domestic environment (unless the latter requirement is waived by Farriers Decor in writing);
- the customer duly complied with the care instructions and maintenance referred to in care and maintenance see here
- the customer provides the original invoice;
- the product is assembled by Farriers Decor or by the customer in accordance with supplier’s specifications
- the defect does not relate to alterations contrary to the instructions or after leaving the control of Farriers Decor ;
- any material information provided by the customer, specifically insofar as the intended use of the product is concerned, is complete or correct.
Upholstered Furniture Warranty
Upholstered furniture is warranted for a period of 2 years from date of invoice in respect of the frame, craftsmanship and filling. The warranty does not extend to the fabric or leather used to upholster the product as upholstery is subject to wear and tear associated with use. Furthermore, usage and treatment in the customer’s environment is beyond Farriers Decor control. To add further life span to your upholstery, we recommend scotch guard treatment. Please contact our stores here or call our online service on 021 761 4767 if you are interested.
Timber products carry a 1 year warranty from date of invoice in respect of frame and workmanship.
Imported products Warranty
All imported products are guaranteed for 1 year from date of invoice in respect of frame and craftsmanship and regardless of whether it is an upholstered product or not.
At the request of the customer, Farriers Decor offers free assembly of products and placement in your home at the time of delivery. The assembly and placement are subject to our standard terms and conditions of sale. Farriers Decor will not be liable to compensate the customer for any damages sustained by the customer whilst the products are being installed or assembled.
Condition of displayed Products
If the subject matter of the sale is the particular product that is on display in the Farriers Decor showroom as viewed by the customer, then the product is sold to the customer in the specific condition in which it is and the customer agrees to accept the relevant product in that condition.